Saturday, November 6, 2010

Tip-toe thru the Tulips......

My baby sister had her birthday recently. Now she is a REAL tough one to do a card for....cause she appreciates the effot I put into the cards I do...she's just "not that into them!!" Each to their own I guess. She had put out the request for her birthday this year...as things she can use so that she can re-do her back yard!! So I themed the card with this in mind. It was based on this BEAUTIFUL card I stumbled upon in SCS here.

Now also in my never ending drive to build up my stash and not directly replicate I changed things slightly with the 2nd card and practiced my masking technique!! Dunno if I am 100% on the outcome, but the eventual recipient of the 2nd card (my son's teacher) LOVED it...so I am happy!!

Card 1 (my sister's card)...

                                  


                                                     


And the 2nd card......


 



I am keen to try out different colour combos of this card with navys, reds, browns and pinks....but all in good time right??? 

Thanks for popping by. Let me know your thoughts...I always appreciate any feedback positive or negative.

Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
Ink: (SU) Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive
Stamps: (SU) En Francais BGS, Baroque Motifs and Amy R "Birthday Sentiments"
Punches: (SU) XL Bird Punch, Large and Small Oval, Sizzix Little Leaf Die
Other Bits: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Folder, Dimensionals
Techniques: Sponging (both onto the BGS to give uneven look and around the edge of the card.

Lynda xx





6 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

OOOOh!!! I have resisted and resisted this punch ... thinking I wouldn't use it ... mmmmmmmm ... can I justify buying YET ANOTHER punch??? Love this card (my pref is the 1st one) ... you are getting so professional in your card making. I am sure you sis would have loved this one. I have a sis who is also like that (not Christine ... but my younger sis) ... loves the effort and appreciates it ... but not keen to try it herself. Hugs xxaxx

Kerry Parkinson said...

Great cards Lynda and I hope your baby sis appreciated the garden ref on her card! Even your spelling boo-boo ("pooping" by LOL!) fitted into the garden (manure) reference, ROFLOL!!! Keep 'em coming! xx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Giggle ... hadn't even noticed that one ... what a hoot, Kez! ROFLOL here too! xxaxx

Cheryl said...

These are beautiful and loving that colour combo.....a gorgeous flower too!!!
xx

Lee-Anne said...

Another lovely card Lynda. I love the colours you have used and really love that you've used En francais for the background. It looks lovely. Love the tulip too, so very pretty. I'm sure your sister was delighted with this card.
Hope you are doing well, and are not too busy. Have to fit in that stamping time.
Have a great day.
Lee-Anne
xox

Leonie Schroder said...

Oh Lynda this is such a pretty card ... baroque motifs, script and tulips - love it :)