Sunday, October 10, 2010

Finally used it!!!!

You may recall sometime back (May this year to be exact) I attended a Crafter's Retreat. Whilst there, I played with the Watercolour Rose Technique. I had previously attended a workshop some time ago under the guidance of Angela Sargeant. This is a beautiful way to colour without the need for much painting ability...hence why I gave it a go!!!! I have had it sitting there patiently waiting for the appropriate occasion to use it.

My SIL (#3) was another in the birthday bonanza of September. She is a soft and beautiful soul, so the rose was perfect for her. This is the result....



I used the Manhattan Rose embossing folder to emboss the Vellum and then layered the rose with some leaves from "A Rose is a Rose" stamp set to add a bit of interest. The depth and variation of colour you get with the rose and this technique is magical.




And a couple of obligatory close ups!!!





If you haven't tried this technique, why not give it ago. It's the kind of thing where no two are going to be the same, and if you do an aray of colours...and get caught short for a quick card, it may be what you need.

Thanks for popping by.

Stuff used:
Card: (SU) Lavender Lace, Whisper White, Watercolour Paper, (Non SU) Vellum
Ink: Kixi Kiss, Regal Rose, Reinkers and SWM's in Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink and Pink Pirouette, Versamark
Stamps: (SU) Fifth Avenus Floral, A Rose is a Rose and Amy R "Birthday Sentiments"
Punches: (SU) Scallop Oval and Large Oval Punch
Odd Bits: (SU) Manhattan Rose embossing folder, Dimensionals, Zing White EP

Lynda xx

3 comments:

Patrice said...

This is gorgeous Lynda. I must try it myself, my colouring skills are in short supply so this technique would suit me :o)

Cheryl said...

WOW this is GORGEOUS!!! Love your beautiful colouring of the rose!! One of my lovely followers sent me some embossed cardstock of the Manhatton Rose......it is so beautiful,but I am stuck for ideas on how to use it.So it sits in my draw,thanks for the inspiration!!
xx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Giggle ... thanks for the "obligatory close-ups"! :D Wouldn't have been the same without them! Gorgeous job on the colouring, hun! Sweet card. Hugs xxaxx