Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fresh Cuts Quilt - Inkspirations Challenge #42

Yes people....stay in the upright position please.....I did a CHALLENGE!!!!!!

I have been a keen follower of Makeesha's Blog. for more than a couple of years now. I once use to comment quite often, but I now more marvel at the amazing talent that she is and those that enter her challenges. Challenge #42 was a colour challenge......


Firstly, these are all colours I have in my possession, so I was already thinking!! I went to sets, layouts etc, then slept on it for a night. About 3AM...it came to me (as most good things do....LOL)!!! I have DP in these colours too....and then the cogs started again......a quilt card!!! This was the result...



This is the first time I have attempted one of these cards and I must say I was surprised at how quickly it came together. The DP strips are cut at 1/2" x 4" (and you need 4 of them). The centre piece of Vanilla is 1 1/2" square. The piece that the quilt is secured to is 4" square. The total dimension of the card is 5"square. I was shown how to do this by Tia Routledge who was one of my Swap Sisters (which sadly is not running at present).

Because I needed 4 different types of DP...and I only had 3 that were true to the colours needed....I made the 4th one myself by stamping the vine from Fresh Cuts onto the VV card and them crossing back the other way, but stamping it off first to add a bit of interest. I then stamped off the border of the card in the colours and matted the quilt square onto it. Here's a close up of the self made DP and border.



        

                          



Finally, the sentiment in the middle is from Great Friend and I did that with the markers. The leaves in the corners were again the vine and stamped off. I am so very happy with the result. Hope you like it too.



Thanks Keesh for setting a challenge to get the cogs turning. May have to try this challenge thing a bit more often....it's so much FUN!!!!

Stuff used:
Card: (SU) Very Vanilla, Bella Rose DP (ret) and Urban Garden DP (ret)
Ink: (SU) Ridinh Hood Red, Not Quite Navy, Kiwi Kiss, markers in NQN and RHR.
Stamps: (SU) Fresh Cuts, Great Friend
Other Bits: Stamp-a-ma-jig (a must on this card), Xyron adhesive

Lynda xx

9 comments:

Tracey DC said...

Very Cool Lynda!!!! your dsp looks excellent.
Tracey

H2 :) said...

What an awesome idea Lynda. Love your pretty "quilt" card. My sister is a keen quilter, so I might just have to make one for her. Thanks for sharing (& for your lovely comments). Helen :)

Cheryl said...

WOW this looks fabulous,you are just taken in by the beautiful colours and brilliant pattern!!!
xx

Deanne Wilkinson said...

Hey Lynda

I love this card - haven't seen a quilt one before but it looks fab. Great job.

Deanne
PS Thanks for the blog award :)

Debbie Pamment said...

This is FABULOUS Lynda - LOVE the quilt effect - especially as I quilt myself! Just stunning!
xXx

Makeesha Byl said...

Such a fabulous idea Lynda to use the DSP for your colours! I love the weave too! So nice to know you are still in the land of the living! THanks so much for playing, Love Keesh x

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

WOO HOO!!! Hey hunny! Did you realise that you got an honourable mention for Keesh's challenge!!! Way to go girl! This is fabulous and you so deserve the mention! Hugs xxaxx

Patrice said...

What a great way to use your supplies. It give a great effect! Too clever!

Lee-Anne said...

Hi Lynda

Your card is just gorgeous, congratulations on the honourable mention, so well deserved. You were so clever to come up with this design, a perfect way to use all the colours.
Have a wonderful day.
Lee-Anne