Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pumpkin Mash!!!!

Hi all.

I thought I would visit Our Creative Corner again and see if I could do another one of their challenges. This time around it is Pumpkin/Pumpkin Pie Challenge. Thanksgiving is approaching in the USA, so it is to use a pumpkin in your design, or the colour Pumpkin Pie. Either was going to be a challenge for me, because it is a colour I have, but rarely use. Due to my procrastination.....I also missed the deadline!!!! Tui was kind enough to advise me that (purely by good luck and fortune) that the card may also fit THIS weeks OCC challange - Gratitude/Thanksgiving. It had this pic to provide the inspiration.....



I hit my CASE file again and stumbled across this gem from Steph. Now it was back from 2009...so just as well I keep lots of things at the ready!! I got my bits and pieces out and came up with this for the challenge.....


This was such a challenge for me....you have NO IDEA!!! I had the card folded already to stamp, and stamped it the incorrect way....so that the card opened backwards. Solution, I cut the front off it, made it still and then can stick it to another card, or perhaps another project down the track. I even managed to find some Pumpking Pie ric-rac I received as blog candy a LONG time ago. Lends itself tot he scallops/soft edges. Again...it also matches the tones or the Thanksgiving picture.

The image panel is done with Botanical Blooms (SAB '09). The flowers are stamped in Pumpkin Pie and leaves in Soft Suede.


Thanks Steph for the inspiration and thanks to the gals at Our Creative Corner for really getting me out of my comfort box and challenging me no end!!

On a separate note, Andrea has reached a mammoth milestone of 200,000 hits. To thank her readers, she passed on this award.


Now I have to forward this to at least 3 friends who have encouraged me and shown me some blog love too.....so thanks so much to....

# Tui

There are many more. Most of these ladies have already been awarded by Andrea, so please don't think I have forgotten/neglected you. I appreciate all that pass by my blog and take the time to comment.

Thanks for dropping by.

Stuff Used:
CS: (SU) Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla
Ink: (SU) Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede, Tangerine Tango, Early Espresso
Stamps: (SU) Botanical Blooms (SAB '09), En Francais BGS
Punch: (SU) Scallop Border Punch
Other Bits: SU Pumpkin Pie Ric Rac, SAMJ

Lynda xx


8 comments:

Patrice said...

I do love stopping by and seeing several of your creations all at once. This is a little beauty. Love the pumpkin colour and that ric rac is perfect layered on suede. Great card my friend.

x

Tui Nathan said...

Oh yeah, another fabulous creation Lynda ... I love your creative stamping and these colours are oh so gorgeous together (suede and pumpkin) ... I had to laugh at your back to front card - I have done that too - a number of times ... lol!
I think you should check out the OCC challenge site again, cos I think this card will fit in with the new challenge!!!
And, finally - thank you for the "Love" Award ... it has been sooo long since I got a blog award and now you have made my day, what a sweet and pleasant surprise, I will share the love and pay it forward!
Have a blessed evening and a great Sunday!
xx

Marjie Kemper said...

Your colors are great and I've totally been there/done that on doing the upside-down gluing thing. Yikes. Thanks for joining us at OCC this month! I really love those colors/butterflies in your sidebars.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow! What a perfect card for (both) challenges! Nice to know I am not the only one who misses deadlines. Hope you have been a good girl. What is this about crutches??? :(
Thanks hunny for posting my award. I think you may be the first to do so. And ... thanks for paying it forward to some of your blog encouragers! Hugs xx

Holly Barrett said...

What a great card and I enjoyed your writing about it as well. And for all your struggles, I think your card turned out wonderful. Thanks for playing along with us on this busy week at Our Creative Corner!

Tui Nathan said...

Yay ... so glad you made it with us this week at Our Creative Corner Lynda ...it's funny how things work out, you miss one challenge but got in on another, you stamped the image upside down and with some creative ingenuity the result is stunning! Great work!!!

Unknown said...

A lovely card once again Lynda, hope you are well, and thank you for your blog love, I will add it to my blog very soon, hugs Melxx

Katie said...

Hey Lynda, great colours and a great card. I haven't used that stamp set yet *whoops*, it works so well with those colours doesn't it.

Thanks for the LURVE :-)

Need to get cracking a pop some things up on my blog sooooooon. xxoo