Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pre-Teen Rock - #1

It really is amazing how time flies. Bestie's eldest son was 12 not so long ago...so I have "graduated" to "tween masculine cards"....just typing those words can send shivers down the spine!!!

I was lucky enough to get "Extreme Guitar" before it retired at the end of last catty. I was therefore armed with a least a stamp in my artillery that could be used for such an age group!! I then found this MDS card on SCS. Now we do not have MDS (My Digital Studio) in Australia...so I had a play and came up with this for Master 12.......


I was so very happy with this end result. I did add a couple of my own touches though. I do not have a "splat" stamp, so I improvised with a rough textured clear Kaiser stamp and then ripped a random hole in paper and used it as a mask. It was also stamped off, but you get the general idea.


After stamping the 4 dark strips, it still looked a little bare, so I stamped a music stamp in the same tone in the gaps left behind.


Then it was a matter of adding in the stamped off stars and lining up the guitarist image.


The punched star and sentiment were the final touches. I had to cut the dark star by hand as I needed to just build it a tad more.


Master 12 was happy and thought the card was "cool" which translated I guess is high praise from a chap of that age!!!

Thanks for dropping by.

Stuff Used:
CS: (SU) Sahara Sand, Early Espresso, Real Red, Very Vanilla
Ink: (SU) Sahara Sand, Early Espresso, Real Red
Stamps: SU - Extreme Guitar, Just Jawing, Rough Texture Wheel (ret), Simple Type Alphabet Numbers, KaiserCraft Clear "Grunge" Stamp, Hero Arts -Clings "Musical Clef"
Punches: SU Large Star, Carla Craft CP2 Star
Other Bits: Dimensionals, SAMJ

Lynda xx




5 comments:

Helen Williams said...

Great card Lynda.

Cheryl said...

Hi Lynda,so sorry I have not been here in a while.I am really struggling with the many things I have to do at the moment,with the blogging and at home.Anyway,what a FANTASTIC card.I love that image and the stars are just perfect!!!
xx

Patrice said...

You 'rocked' this card! Hee hee like my little pun. It scares me that I'm about to move into making 'tween cards too!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Woot Woot! Great job, Lynda! Love all those little details that you added! Hugs xx

Jenny Hayward said...

I agree,this is a very cool card Lynda! Well done. I love those Extreme sets and love what you have done with them.
xx