Friday, August 31, 2012

Seaworthy Male - II

Morning all.

It FINALLY feels as tho I am getting a blogging rhythm on. Granted I am still grossly behind on UTD projects to show you, but now at the end of August, I have nearly completed all the May things I created...woo hoo!!!! Very soon a new SU catty or 2 will be out and I have a wish list 2 miles long already...discipline, hard work and a larger bank balance are definitely needed...LOL!!!

Today's card is another masculine one with "The Open Sea". It was inspired by this one found on SCS. I was drawn to all the clean space and how circles were used instead of rectangles. I am also a sucker for dry embossing!! I made 2 versions to bolster my stash. These are they.....



I can hear the "but they look identical" quips.... and yes...the difference is very subtle. Look closely at the concentric circles....






In the 2nd picture, the outer circle is embossed in line with the ribbon, then lined up with the embossing below. It just distressed it a little more I think. Don't you think the dry embossing looks like the deck of an old ship???


Here are the 2 cards side by side.....


I can see this set getting used over and over as male cards are always such a challenge!!

Thanks for popping by. Coming up soon....an unusual birthday card.

Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler
Ink: (SU) Early Espresso
Stamps: (SU) The Open Sea, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Punches: (SU) Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch
Other Bits: Nestabilities Classic Circle Dies, Dimensionals, Cuttlebug Distressed Stripes EF, Brown Satin Craft ribbon fm stash.

Lynda xx


2 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Love that embossing folder, Lynda! Perfect for male cards. And matches your image so well! You are right ... The difference is subtle ... Especially for us oldies ... With limited vision!!! Grin! Hugs xxx

Unknown said...

The embossing looks fantastic, the folder is a terrific choice, love it, and the CAS style of these cards too. Hugs Melxx