Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Vintage Sympathies

Morning all.

Sadly in my line of work (for those of you who don't know, I am a registered Nurse who works in a General Practice) we have patients who pass away. Some have been with the practice for many years. We not only look after the Mums and dads, but sometime their mums and dads too! I had occasion to need two cards.

The first I could not go past this simple and elegant card by Mercedes Weber here. It was for the wife of one of my "regulars" whose husband passed away. He was a real wordsmith and loved the English language. Here is my version of Mercedes' card.....


It is basically Baja with a smidge of Basic Grey. Perfect for a wife receiving the sad sentiment. The flourish from the stamp set gives it that girly feel.


The second card was for the family of a very elderly patient who was very strong of faith and classy to a "T"!! I got the inspiration for this card from Kirsty Brown here. Even though not initially a sympathy card, I thought it more than appropriate. Here is my version of Kirsty's stunning card.....



I loved all the small details in this card. The pale pink flower under the sentiment, the script writing under the flourish and the way the wee pink flowers were shaped.


Thanks for popping by. I hope the weather is warm and inviting where you are...sadly this is NOT the case in Sydney....bring on Spring....and quick!!!

Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette, Bravo Burgandy
Ink: (SU) Basic Gray, Crumb Cake, Bravo Burgandy, Pink Pirouette
Stamps: (SU) Fresh Vintage (SAB '12), Elements of Style, Petite Pairs, Kaiser Clear Sympathy Sentiments, Kaszazz Scripted BGS
Other bits: SU Framelit Dies, SU Adorning Accents Embossing folders, SU Textured Impressions Embossing Set, Carla Craft CP1 Vinca A and Vinca B punch, Gold 1/2 pearls fm Hot Dollar

Lynda xx










6 comments:

Jenny said...

I find it so hard to make a sympathy card Lynda but you have done a fabulous job with both of these. Next time I need one I am going to use these for my inspiration. Ta heaps. x

Unknown said...

Both are lovely cards, though the second one is my fave, love the splash of rich colour, and how the designer frame fits into the labels framelits too. so sorry about the loss, it is very sad - Hugs xx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

So sorry you have had so much sadness to deal with lately. These are just beautiful! Perfect choices of stamps for sympathy! Hugs xxx

Katie said...

Fabulous cards for such a hard subject... You are such a dear friend making such special cards for the families. Love to you and the families.

Patrice said...

Such a shame you needed two cards. You've done a wonderful job of creating them though - just beautiful and very fitting. I'm coming here next time I need sympathy - love the Baja card best.

x

Kerry Parkinson said...

Both beautiful cards Lynda and I'm sure much appreciated by the recipients.