Thursday, April 12, 2012

Vintage flowers

Morning all.

Remember how I mentioned that I was a LONG way behind with my posts....well I discovered this one from January that for some odd reason had not made it yet!!!

Becky Roberts is an amazing paper crafter and it is from one of her creations I took a direct CASE. This is Becky's card. This is my version of Becky's card.......


To me the flower appeared a little flat....so I lightly curled the edges of the petals a little and came up with this.....


It made such a huge difference don't you think?? Here is the difference side on.....


Did you also notice that there is no neutral colour CS on this card...no white and no vanilla!!!! Who'd have thunk right??? The sentiment is stamped directly onto the DSP. Here are the 2 cards together.....


Thanks for popping by. I hope you are all enjoying the Easter break and didn't OD too much on those eggs.

Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Always Artichoke, Rose Red, Springtime Vintage DSP
Ink: (SU) Early Espresso, Soft Suede (for sponging the petal edges and leaves)
Stamps: (SU) Sincere Salutations, Best Yet
Punches/Dies: (SU) 5 Petal Flower Punch, Fun Flowers Bigz L Die
Other bits: Buttons, Mini Glue Dots, Neutral coloured embroidery floss

Lynda xx




4 comments:

Patrice said...

Well this is just lovely! Such a gorgeous pop of red. You're right, bending those petals up a little has made all the difference.

x

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

What a little beauty, Lynda! I do like the curled flower a tad better. The rosebud background is perfect for this design! Hope you are doing okay??? I sense a tiredness??? Hugs xxx

Jenny Hayward said...

Beautiful Card Lynda. I think the curled edges do make a difference. What a perfect match with the paper.

Love Jenny x

Cheryl said...

Well it is GORGEOUS and that flower just pops!!!
xx