Monday, April 9, 2012

What do you call the Drummer.......

Morning all.

I must admit that the title of this post is a slight dig at one of my brother's in law. He is a drummer and we all know that drummers one day wanna grow up and be real musicians....hee hee hee. It was his birthday and I was inspired by this card. Sadly I do not have the creator and I have gone back through everything and cannot find the creator, so if it is you...thanks so much.


This is my version of the card above.....


I decided to carry the star theme through from the stamped background, to the brads to the punched shapes.


Now for those regular readers, you know that I do not wet emboss very often, but I braved it for this card. I think it came out OK....but I still need a lot more practice!!


I had a heap of fun putting this card together. I got to bust out Extreme Elements which create a fun and fantastic grunge background in next to no time.

Thanks for popping by.

Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Black, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler and Artsy.licious - fine illustrated paper in Kohl # 31685, Stardream Metallic Gold Paper
Ink: (SU) Versamark, Cherry Cobbler, Basic Gray, Black, VersaColour Metallic Gold
Stamps: (SU) Extreme Elements, Extreme Guitar and clear birthday semtiments from stash
Punches: (SU) Large Oval, Large Star
Other Bits: SU distressing tool, Gold Star Brads, Black EP, Dimensionals

Lynda xx




5 comments:

Unknown said...

A fantastic male card hun, love it, the whole rock thing,cool xxx

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

I love this card Lynda... we've obviously got the same sense of humor! Your comment on my blog made me giggle as that was exactly what I was thinking... I'm ready for next year... as long as I remember where I put them;)
Hugs!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

So glad you broke out the embossing, cos this is a beauty! Fabbo, Lynda! Silhouette is always a winner! Hugs xxx

Patrice said...

Awesome! This is perfect and I think you'd best do some wet embossing more often as it looks great.

x

Katie said...

Awesome LOVE it