Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Blues at 60

Morning all.

Now the title is not as morbid as you may think. Our beautiful Practice Manager Turned 60 last week and her favourite hues are blues. Therefore I did not have to go far to come up with a colour palate for her card. The problem arose when I had done a special card from me, and then work asked me to make one that all of them could sign!!! OOoooooooooookkkkkkkkkkk...thinking cap on.......

The one I made for her from the practice was a square card. I think there is something very elegant about blue and silver together. This is what I came up with......

 
I used Vintage Vogue for the flowers and a little fussy cutting. I teamed the flowers with the Fancy Flourish Die from MFT. The curls sat on petals, it was such a pretty effect.
 
 
The "60" perhaps was a little obvious in silver glitter card stock, but hey.....whatcha gunna do??
 
My card was a standard size and I (yup) still went with blue flowers. I found this card by Dawn Olchefske here and thought it'd look OK in blues too. This was my version of Dawn's card......
 
 
As you can see I changed up the sentiment, textured the main background but still used the beautiful Springtime Vintage DSP, which sadly we did not get out here (sniff). The "60" this time was cut in a beautiful sky blue glitter CS from Alice's. I also love the distressed flowers. I had not tried these before, but seriously, they are REALLY easy-peasy. The flowers are cut, spritzed with water and then crumpled, uncrumpled and then let to dry naturally and layered. The affect is magical.
 
 




 

Thanks for popping by again. I hope you liked my blue cards. I will list the "stuff used" separately for these cards as there is both a bit in them.
 
Stuff Used:
Square Card:
CS: (SU) Night of Navy, Whisper White, Soft Sky (ret), Bazzil textured white, Stardream Silver paper and Silver Glitter CS fm Alice's
Ink: (SU) Night Of Navy, Bashful Blue, Island Indigo (stamped off)
Stamps: (SU) Vintage Vogue
Dies: (SU) Window Framelit Dies, Simple Type Alphabet Numbers Dies (ret), MFT Fancy Flourish Die
Other Bits: Dimensionals, Clear Rhinestones fm stash
 
Standard Card
CS: (SU) Very Vanilla, Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Springtime Vintage DSP, Sky Blue Glitter CS fm Alice's 
Ink: NONE!!!
Dies and Punches: (SU) Fun Flowers Bigz L Die, Lots of Tags Sizzlits Dies, Scallop Circle Bigz Die, Wide Oval Punch, Nestabilities Classic Circles Dies
Other Stuff: Cuttlebug Olivia Alphabet, SU Fancy Fan EF, Dimensionals, Lace fm stash, Brads fm Reject Shop
 
Lynda xx
 
 
 

5 comments:

Patrice said...

Oh wow super special cards here. Gorgeous! Into my CASE folder with these. I bet she loved them, yes?

x

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wonderful, hunny! You amaze me every time! What a star! Hugs xxx

Unknown said...

Second time fingers crossed, lovely cards, all sparkly for the first one and I love the glimmer paper with the blues, so yummy!!! the second one is quite pretty - I love how it all came together and it all has its rightful place, looks terrific. I am sure they will be loved.

Tui Nathan said...

These cards a right lil beauties .... the sparkles, the florals, the blues .... oh my .... fabulous!
And, the second one with the soft vintage feel .....is so pretty and oh so chic!!!

Katie said...

I love both these cards Lybda. You always seem to fit the card to the person perfectly xxx