Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Crafter's Retreat #2

Thought I'd start this one off by showing you exactly where I was for that weekend. It was held at the Collaroy Salvation Army camp, where we have been this past 3 years and it is a truly magical place to be inspired and create.

Here are the views that we are greeted with from the dining room...



And here is where we crafted....


And some of the magical cards produced.....


There was a fantastic mix of Scrappers and card makers and even 1 cross stitcher (the sister of the organiser...so of course she got an inside running....LOL!!!)

Now for some more of my creations.....

I have been hanging out a lot to get the Manhattan Rose Embossing folder fm SU and gave it a run at camp. On SCS there are many cariations of this card...but it was my first real fling with Vellum and I am wrapped with the result. My Prob has always been how to get the vellum to adhere well to the CS without too much tell-tale traces. HUZZAH!!!!! The results.....





I so love the intricate detail of this folder....


I can see myseld doing a lot more of these cards as they go up in a flash and are spectacular. Will definitely drag out the vellum again too. I love the way it looks in the Scallop Oval Punch (note to self to sharpen same) with the sentiment on top.

Catch you all soon with yet more!!

Stuff used:
Card: (SU) Whisper White, Soft Suede, Rich Razzleberry, Vellum.
Ink: (SU) Soft Suede, Rich Razzleberry
Other bits: Vellum Spray Adhesive, (SU) Dimensionals and Scallop Oval Punch.

Lynda xx

3 comments:

Kerry Parkinson said...

Both gorgeous cards and how lovely does the vellum look with soft suede? Gotta try that one! Many thanks for the award too, so kind! Love looking at your creations. xx :)

Debbie Pamment said...

Gorgeous job - and look at all that crafting going on at your retreat!!! I love the embossing folder too - but admit it's feeling a little neglected at my place!!!
BTW - sshhhh - keep the secret for now - LOL
xXx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

What a FAB time you must have had. Love the vellum!!! I have never thought of using vellum as an accent! Aren't you just a clever little bunny!!! It is a wonder you didn't have people lining up for your autograph!!! Hugs xxAxx