Wednesday, September 1, 2010

More comebacks than Melba!!!!

Both my MIL and FIL have been workers at Australia Post FOREVER. My MIL finally decided to retire.....after threatening to do so many times. This time 'was it and FINAL!!" So to commemorate such an auspicious occasion, I marked it with a card. I made it at a play date at my bestie's house. She had aquired the SU bird punch and let me have a play. I had seen similar versions of this card on SCS and here's what I came up with...



It let me also have a play with my relatively new nesties (Labels 8) which is a similar shape to the SU top note die. Dunno if I am happy with my sun in the top left hand corner.....but it needed something!! Here are some close ups anyhow....



In the weeks since I made this card...I have since aquired the bird punch and will show you some other creations with it.

Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Cottage Wall DP
Ink: (SU) Rich Razzleberry, Orchid Opulence, Pale Plum, So Saffron (chalk)
Stamps: (SU) Teeny Tiny Sentimente, Pocket Silhouettes
Other Bits: Nestabilities Lables 8, SU XL Bird Punch, Dimensionals

Lynda xx

2 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

I am thinking perhaps I DO NEED that bird punch??? What a great card for a wonderful occasion. Gotta love those Pocket Silhouettes. Hugs xxaxx

Cheryl said...

This is beautiful,love that little bird and such pretty colours!!!
xx