Sunday, December 19, 2010

My New Support Crew

Hi there.

Thought I'd squeeze in a small extra post amongst all the Chrissy fanfare and share with you my early ($8000) Christmas pressie. Thankfully we have Health Insurance which came in VERY handy. As I mentioned a little earlier, I was "hooked up" on Friday 17th and (touch wood) so far so good.

For those of you unfamiliar, here is what an Insulin Pump looks like....


And here is mine....


I did disconnect it form me to take the pic, hence the tubing. On the surface it is not that different to my old pump, but going through the educational session......this thing has more in it that I ever thought. The instruction manual makes War and Peace look like a Gossip Magazine...LOL!!

I have been advised to try and utilize some of the new features, which means breaking the habits of 5 1/2 years, but this will all evolve over the coming months.

I cannot thank all my beautiful blog friends out there for all their love and support during this time which has been a challenge to say the least. Thanks for allowing me to give you a peak into my "other than crafting" world.

Lynda xx

6 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Now that is one impressive bit of machinery. Who would have thought that something so small could have such HUGE effects! So happy for you hunny! I do hope the "extra benefits" are a help to you ... and that those highs and lows will be better controlled now! (And ... I won't have to worry about you!) Take care ... and big hugs to someone who has such patience under difficult circumstances!) Hugs xxaxx

Debbie Pamment said...

Soooo glad you got your machine - I just read what Andrea wrote and she just said it ALL - cheeky girl stealing MY words!!!!
Take care gorgeous!
xXx

Jenny Hayward said...

What a great new toy Lynda!!! I'm sure it will help you a lot. Maybe some 'L' Plates will help for the moment! LOL
You take care of yourself and I hope 2011 brings you better health.

Love Jenny x

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Giggle ... Debbie ... feel free to say "ditto"! I know that you feel the same way! Hugs xxx

Kerry Parkinson said...

Snazzy looking piece of machinery you are hooked up to darl - hope it works so much better than the old and things stabilise for you real soon. Ditto the words of the lovely ladies above! xx

Katie said...

Oh wow Lynda, good luck in 2011 with that fancy piece. Wishing you all the best *SMILES and HUGS*