Thursday, May 20, 2010

Crafter's Retreat #6....the final one I promise!!!

I have used this getaway to try and do projects I would not usually get a chance to do around the house. One especially is Missy's birthday card (her b'day is early June). If I get this done at home...she is always over my shoulder and I can never surprise her......so camp provised the PERFECT cover!!

At camp I swapped some images with a fellow crafter Steph. as 'payment' she gave me some 12 x 12 paper. She had seen me colouring the hair on the image i was using on the card....and from her payment...the card evolved....don't you just LOVE it???

So here is Miss 6's card....


I stamped the beautiful Princess Anya (The Greeting Farm) onto SU watercolour paper and coloured her up with a mix of watercolour pencils and watercrayons. I tried to get her hair the same shade as Miss 6's but missed the mark BIG TIME!!! LOL!! Here is what it was really meant to look like.. think I needed to up the red a tad huh???



Anyhow...I stamped the dress onto the Bella Rose DSP and another pink DP I had, cut around it and put it back together over the original dress I stamped. I added hot pink KindyGlitz to the star and crown (cause unlike her Mum she LURVES pink) and continued that on the #6 at the base. it sparkles very much IRL. A couple of flower brads to tie in the paper with the image and there you go!!! Unfortunately I cannot recall the name of the numbers set I borrowed.....if anyone knows...can they please let me know in the comments??



I love this card and I sincerely hope she does too. now all I have to do is get something to go with it..hee hee hee.

Thanks for stopping by and enduring all of the Crafter's retreat posts...you can all give yourself a pat on the back!!!

Stuff Used:
Card: (SU) Whisper White, Watercolour paper
Ink: Black Stazon, SU Pnk Passion
Paper: Bella Rose DSP (in dress) and pink DP fm stash and the DP fm Steph.
Other bits: Deckle Rectangles fm Nestabilities, pink flower brads fm stash, Faber-castel Watercolour Pencils and Lyra Aquacrayons.

Lynda xx

1 comment:

Debbie Pamment said...

Oh what a cute card and Miss almost 6 will LOVE it!!!! Your daughter is beyond cute though - look at that smile!!! And check out that lovely hair - a hairbrushing nightmare - LOL!
xXx