Wednesday, April 21, 2010

To BOLDLY go.....

Hey there everyone.

Now before you think I have gone all sci-fi and gone astray with Capt Kirk....the title refers to this last challenge from Swap Sisters......BOLD BRIGHTS!!

Now the only BB I had really used before was Real Red...and that was for Christmas things...although I discovered I had more of the stamp pads/markers than I thought (which was wonderful!!) This is what we were set....


Now...my first thought was to reach for my sunglasses. After that....I started to think RAINBOW and the seeds of a card were sewn. After a LOT of measuring and calculation, here's what I came up with......



I was happy with the result. I did have to swap Pixie Pink for Pink Passion (but I cleared it with the powers that be first!!) I have left room in the bottom right for a sentiment as I am not sure as to what should go on it. I also made a mental note NOT to cut out too many of the butterfly bodies...as thery are very fiddley!!!! All of the butterflies are popped up on dimensionals to give a 3D feel.



I can't say I will reach for this colour group again, but I sure had fun playing with it. hope you all have a bright and fun-filled kinda day.

Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Summer Sun, Tempting Turquoise, Only Orange, Pink Passion, Whisper White
Ink: (SU) Pink Passion and Tempting Turquoise, Summer Sun and Only Orange Markers
Stamps: (SU) Butterfly Prints
Punches: (SU) Butterfly Punch
Other bits: Dimensionals.....and a WHOLE lotta measuring....LOL

Lynda xx

4 comments:

Kerry Parkinson said...

WOW! shoulda put sunscreen on first! LOL! The butterflies really suit those bright colours, though. Great job on the challenge.

Tanya Kitto said...

Hiya Lynda :) What a bright & colourful card! You've done a great job kiddo. I think I would have had to sit this one out.....not a real biggy on Bold Brights together, but you've done oh so wonerfully well :)
Tan xox

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Woah! Did a double take ... this card is soooooo BRIGHT! But ... the challenge did ask for that ... didn't it! FABBO girlfriend ... I love it! Rainbow effect is stunning! Hugs Andrea xxx

Sonia G said...

Very nice! I can see that cheering up someone's day! I love the brights colours and I am certainly glad that you took up the challenge!