Saturday, March 20, 2010

Late Notice (2nd installment)

As I mentioned last post, my son (master 9) also came home with a rather late notice of an impending birthday party and I had 2 days (plus all the other stuff that Mum's do) to put something together. I went to the remnants of another Simply Scrappin Kit - Round Up - that I aquired and decided to see what I could do with that. Here's the result....btw...the birthday boy was turning 10!!


I was really pleased with how it turned out, given the amount of time I had to put it together. I also got to get the crimper out and have a play with it. I crimped the strip that the sentiment is on and also crimped the stars. this card only has 1 STAMP on it which is the 'happy birthday" from the SAB Happy moments set.











I also distressed the edges with the cutter kit to 'bloke' it up a bit more. Amazing what you come up with when put under pressure!!

Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Close to Cocoa, Sage Shadow, Simply Scrappin' Kit - "Round up"
Ink: (SU) Close to Cocoa
Stamp: (SU) Happy Moments (SAB '10)
Punches: (SU) Large and Small Star Punch

Lynda xx

2 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

YUP - you nailed this boy's card! Fabby job Miss Lynda!
Have a fabby weekend too!
xXx

Sonia G said...

What is it with kids and forgetting to tell us about important dates?
Luckily you have 'got it' and can just whip up some fantabulous cards quickly.
I am scared of boys cards, but you seemed to have nailed this.
Cheers
Sonia