Sunday, July 29, 2012

Bugs 'n' Luvin.....

Morning all.

Sadly (again) it has been a couple of weeks between posts. I cannot believe how far behind I am. Time is fleeting, it evaporates and you play catch up constantly. I hope I am not the only one that is caught in this time warp!!??

This is what I gave to my niece (Jessica) for her birthday in APRIL!! (yes I am that far behind!!!) She was 2...where does the time go?? We were lucky enough to catch up with her in a park. All the pics taken were done in pursuit of a VERY energetic 2yo. This is Jess now.....



Her gift actually inspired my card. Anyone with a child under 7yo will be familiar with "Pillow Pets". They are insanely cute and have different characters. I chose a ladybug for Jess. Once again though...I ran out of time to make something appropriate to match. Fete however kindly intervened!! Before I started stamping, I made cards from all sorts of things. I stumbled across the lightweight wooden cutouts and mounted them up very basically. I simply added the number to the card I already had made and woo hoo!!!


The number I felt kept up the "dotty" theme of the ladybug.


Here are the gift and card together...kinda sweet I hope??


Thanks for popping by. I do love reading your thought and comments so much and appreciate the time taken to leave them.

Stuff used (as best I can recall):
CS: Black, Red, Patterned paper fm bundle pack I got at Biw W YEARS ago, SU Whisper White, Black and Real Red for #2
Ink: VersaColour Black
Stamps: Gel-a-tins Numbers
Punches: SU Scallop Circle, CM 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" circles
Other bits: Ladybug purchased in packet from Alice in Paperland

Lynda xx





7 comments:

Patrice said...

You're definitely not the only one caught in the time warp. Some days I just don't know where time goes! Perhaps an age thing? Hmmmm....

How absolutely adorable is that pillow pet! OMG I LOVE! Your matching card (whether intended or not) is perfect.

Unknown said...

For me I can't wait for the month to be over, then i can end the madness of a posting a day challenge, its far too hard!
On a bright side I love your card and gift, I have such a soft spot for ladybugs, and yours are so super cute, I love them xx

Jenny said...

Hi Lynda
I found your blog via Debbie P's blog and I really like what I see. I love your style of card making and cant wait to see some more. hugs x

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

How adorable, Lynda! I am so amazed at your creativity! And to think you were such a nervous blogger a couple of years ago! Gorgeous, gorgeous! Where did you find that fun lady bug! Hugs xxx

Judy said...

I do so love the ladybird and wish that I had small children still to make these cards for. No - only have adult and teenage grandsons now! Really cute card (and gift).

Cheryl said...

OMG so very very cute and so much talent!!! Your sets are always spectacular!!
xx

Katie said...

My friend just gave Lachlan a pillow pal, HE LOVES it!!!

And I LOVE your card, gotta love a cute ladybird though, what not to love about this?!?!?