Thursday, December 31, 2009

Better Late Than Never



Welcome one and all to my very first post!! Those of you who know me, know that this has been a long time in the making and construction. Thanks to all of my wonderful Blog friends who have encouraged, prompted (and some NOT so subtley)and prodded me to get my craft out there for the world to see. I hope you perhaps get inspired to try something different....or tackle a new challenge. The crafting community is such a vast yet warm and welcoming one, you can do no wrong by getting involved in it.

My first project I wish to share with you is one that has been in my 'gunna' file for some time. The wonderful Sue Denning had this on her blog some time ago. It's a baby tote that holds Bonds suits (or similar), singlets, socks, and in the middle, powder, lotions and potions. My daughter's Kindy teacher recently had a baby and I thought I had better get the idea out. I was so v v happy with the result. We did not know the sex of the baby, hence the gender neutral vibe.

I teamed it with a matching card, using the "Wild About You" set from Stampin Up as well as an oragami box filled with Maltesers for the Mum. The link for the box can be found here.

Thanks for taking the journey of what i hope will be many posts.

Catch you all soon.

Lynda xx

11 comments:

Tanya Kitto said...

hey there special lady :) CONGRATS on getting your blog up & running. I LURVE your project & yes I know all about the "gunna"do list, mine is never ending. i really do look forward to seeing your creations
Thanks for sharing & thanks for setting it up, now I can give back some of the joy you give to me with your comments :)
hugs
Tan xox

Jenny H said...

Whoo Hoo Linda!!!
Welcome to blogland and I'm the first to comment!!!

I'll come back and check up on you often. Now I can leave all those comments on your blog LOL

Happy 2010! What a way to start the year.

Jenny xx

Kerry Parkinson said...

Just GORJUS Lynda! Love how the tote holds so much and the pretty pastels are so cute for a baby. Many congrats on the beginning of your exciting and rewarding blogging journey, and look forward to many more inspiring projects.

MadonnaDunn said...

Woo hoo!!! Welcome to the world of blogging!! Great to see you here!! LOVE that project!! Love those baby pins. Gorgeous!!

Debbie Pamment said...

yeeeehaaaaaaaa - Now I can spend some time stalking you and leaving fun filled comments - yours often make me smile - LOL! It will be WONDERFUL to see your creative side regularly!!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR and enjoy the blogging experience!!!
xXx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Woo Hoo! Thanks for sending me the link ... I have been waiting ... and waiting!!!!!!!!! :wink: So happy for you ... and can't wait to see what you have in store! Guess you won't be sending me pics anymore ... they will be going straight onto your blog!!! And ... how clever to start your blog at the beginning of a new year!!! Happy blogging my special friend! xxx

Karen said...

Hi Lynda! Congrats on your very first blog post! Love your project - absolutely lovely!

Karen
x

Bec said...

Love your Blog Lynda... Woohoo.. I am so happy for you to have one... I have just become a follower too.. I sooo love this idea... bec xx

Angela Sargeant said...

Fiiiiinally ;) Congratulations Lynda, you're blog looks great :) I've bookmarked you so I can visit often.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

LOL ... 9 comments already ... aren't you just the most popular "new kid on the block"!!! LOL :D Happy blogging kiddo! Hugs, Andrea xxx
This makes 10 ... just had to get you to double figures!!! :wink:

Sue Denning said...

Lynda,

Your Baby Carry-All/Tote looks lovely. I am so glad that the new "Mummy" loved it. That patchwork style worked well and what a clever little idea for the nappy pins!

So glad you are now up and blogging and I look forward to joining you on your papercrafting journey.

Hugs
Sue